January 13, 2021
Kindergarten Registration 2021-2022
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now open and continues through to March 31st, 2021. All children who will be five years old by December 31st, 2021 are eligible to register for Kindergarten classes that will begin in September 2021. This year you will be able to register either in person or via e-mail. When coming in person please follow the following steps:
- Please call the school (604-532-7814) prior to entering the building (we are limiting the number of people in the school)
- Wear a mask
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided once inside the building
- 1 person per student only (young children are ok if no childcare available)
- You will need to sign in for COVID contact tracing
- Please ensure you have all the appropriate documents needed
- Registration will not be completed unless all documents are received/accepted
*Registration via e-mail requires you to complete the Registration form, the Kindergarten Information form,the Medical Alert form (if applicable) and Aboriginal Ancestry form (if applicable) and include all required documents (see below) as attachments and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure all documents are included and, again, sent as attachments not in the body of the e-mail. Call the office if you have any questions.
Proper documentation is required at the time of registration. YOUR CHILD’S REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.
Following is a list of required documents:
- Proof of Age and Citizenship of child (Birth Certificate, Passport, Permanent Resident Status).
- Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status for parent(Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Canadian Passport, Landed Immigrant documentation, Permanent Resident documentation/cards)
- Proof of residence (Driver’s License, utility bill, mortgage statement, subject-free purchase agreement, municipal tax bill. We CANNOT accept Rental Agreements, cable or cell phone bills).
- Immunization Records (if available – school does not retain a copy)
Although your child’s Care Card is not a required document, it is an important piece of information for the school to have. Please make sure that you have indicated any medical concerns or information that the school should be aware of (i.e. asthma, allergies, etc.). If you have copies of any medical documents or diagnostic reports for learning or physical needs, please also have a copy or the original (a copy can be made at the school). Please also have a copy of any court orders regarding custody so the school can have a copy on file.