All children who will be five years old by December 31, 2024 (children born in 2019) are eligible for the Kindergarten program beginning September 2024.

  • Registration is open from Jan 15-Mar 1, 2024.
  • All registrations will be done online using MyEd BC and not in person.
  • To find your child’s catchment school, use our school locator tool.
  • Applications will be approved after the registration period has closed on March 1, 2024. Families can expect notification regarding their child’s application status beginning the week of March 4, 2024, and before the end of April 2024.
    • Please note, schools with high enrolment may take longer than expected to accept applications due to volume of applicants and to ensure accuracy and equity in the process.

Step 1: Determine how to register your child

If your child is registering to enter Grade K -7 in the Langley School District for the upcoming school year (September entry for 2024-2025), AND you are a Canadian Citizen please continue to step 2.


If you are a newcomer to Canada, please see below.

Welcome to the Langley School District!

The following student registration information is for families new to the Langley School District, born outside of Canada and who are not yet Canadian citizens such as Permanent Residents/Refugees/Temporary Residents (Work & Study Permit Holders).

Permanent Residents and Refugees

If you are new to Langley and have permanent resident or refugee status, please visit the Newcomers Welcome Centre located at the Langley School Board Office, 4875 – 222 Street in person with the required registration documents (list below).

Temporary Residents (Work/Study Permit Holders)

Your child’s eligibility to receive a publicly funded education must be reviewed and approved prior to registering for school.

Eligibility Requirements

Does your child qualify for a funded education?

  • You must live in Langley.

If you hold a work permit:

  • The work permit must be valid for a period of one year or more.
  • You must be employed for at least 20 hours per week.

If you hold a study permit:

  • The study permit must be valid for a period of one year or more.
  • You must be studying in a degree or diploma program at a public post-secondary institution or a degree granting program at a private post-secondary institution.

If you are unsure if you meet the criteria above, please call 604-534-7891 or email

How to Apply

Please submit required documents HERE

Applications may take 5-10 business days to be reviewed. If we require additional documentation, we will contact you. Once your application has been approved, you will receive an approval email. If you have questions about your application, please email

Required Documents

  1. Passports (parents and child)
  2. Child’s Birth Certificate (translated)
  3. Child’s Permit (if available)
  4. Parent’s Work Permit or Study Permit (valid for one year or longer)
  5. Proof of Employment (for Work Permit holders only)
    • Current Employment Letter (must include: company letterhead, number of hours, and start date), or
    • Two recent pay statements
  1. Proof of Enrolment (for Study Permit holders only)
    • Letter of Acceptance on Institutional Letterhead, and
    • Course Timetable, and
    • Tuition Payment Receipt, and
  1. Proof of Residency

One of:

  • Subject-free home purchase contract
  • Municipal tax bill
  • Mortgage statement
  • Rental agreement or Letter from landlord

And, One of:

  • BC Driver’s License
  • BC Services Card
  • BC Vehicle Registration
  • BCID
  • Canadian Bank Account or Credit Card Statement
  • Insurance Statements or Policies
  • Income Tax Statement
  • Utility Bill
  • Employment Pay Slip
  • Other Legal or Government-issued Documents

Step 2: Determine your child’s catchment school.

To find your catchment school, use the District’s school locator tool.  Please note, addresses in the school locator tool will be updated in January 2024.

Step 3: Gather documents required for your child’s registration.

  • If you are missing any of the required documents, your registration will not be processed until all documents have been submitted.
  • You will need to produce the following documents:

Student Proof of Age

The guardian of a child wishing to enroll in an educational program for the first time in the District must present verification of the child’s birthdate from one of the following documents at the time of registration:

  • Birth certificate
  • Certificate of citizenship (both sides)
  • Court Order
  • Driver’s License
  • Immigration Canada documents
  • Passport
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS), also known as Status Card.

Parent/Guardian proof of Canadian Citizenship

Guardians must provide proof of their citizenship status by producing one of the following documents:

  • Canadian birth certificate
  • Canadian passport
  • Canadian citizenship card (both sides)
  • Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS), also known as Status Card.
  • Landed permanent residents’ card
  • Refugee documents from Immigration Canada (with a copy of the Student’s documents, see above)

Proof of residency 

At the time of registration, guardians must provide proof of residency by providing documents clearly showing the same parent names and residence address as on the registration form;

TWO documents are required:

One of:

  • Subject-Free Home Purchase Contract
  • Mortgage Statement
  • Municipal Tax Bill
  • Rental Agreement or Letter from Landlord
  • Can redact (black out) account # and amounts

AND One of:

  • British Columbia Driver’s License
  • British Columbia Services Card
  • British Columbia Vehicle Registration
  • BCID
  • Canadian Bank Account or Credit Card Statement
  • Insurance Statements or Policies
  • Income Tax Statement
  • Utility Bill
  • Employment Pay Slip
  • Other legal or government-issued documents indicating BC residence
  • Can redact (black out) account # and amounts

Evidence of Guardianship 

At the time of registration, evidence of guardianship must be shown by producing photo ID and legal documentation of guardianship such as, but not limited to:

  • Birth Certificate with Parent Name.
  • Income Tax Statement – children are declared.
  • Immigration Documents
  • Court Order
  • Child in Care documentation
  • Can redact (black out) account # and amounts

Step 4: Register your child online via MyEDBC

  • My Education BC webpage:
  • If you are registering for the current school year, 2023-2024, please email
  • A desktop or laptop device is strongly recommended to complete online applications. The use of a tablet or mobile phone will be challenging.
  • If this is your first time registering a child and you have no other children currently attending school in BC, then you will need to start a new MyEDBC account by following these directions in this video here
  • If you already have a child attending a school in BC, then you do not need to start a new MyEDBC account. You will need to log in to your existing account and initiate a new application for your child by following these directions in this video here
  • If you have a MyEDBC account and you are having trouble logging in, please visit the District’s MyEDBC help webpage here.

Other Documents

Aboriginal Ancestry (if applicable)

  • Please fill out only if student has Aboriginal ancestry – one form per child**
  • Aboriginal Ancestry is determined on a voluntary basis through self-identification. This includes First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Metis or Inuit Ancestry. No documentation other than this self-identification is required and the ancestry can go back several generations.

Medical Concerns

  • Please make sure that you have indicated any medical concerns or information that the school should be aware of (diabetes, asthma, allergies, etc.)
    • If you have copies of any medical documents or diagnostic reports for learning or physical needs, please submit a copy for the school.
  • Proof of your child’s immunization record (if available – school does not retain a copy)

***If you indicated Life threatening or Challenging medical condition***

If you indicated that your child has a life threatening or challenging medical condition that may require additional supports or training for our staff.

In order to begin this process, we need you to connect with your doctor to see if a referral for Nursing Support Services is required. Nursing Support Services are community-based registered nurses throughout BC who assist children and youth with medical complexities to live in their homes and in their communities.  While they have many roles, Nursing Support Services also teach and support school staff to assist children and youth with their diabetes care, seizure care and tube feeds. You can find out more about Nursing Support Services here:

If you believe your child needs Nursing Support Services, we ask you to contact your family doctor to begin the process.

Learning Needs

  • Please make sure that you have included any information that the school should be aware of  regarding any learning needs that your child(ren) might have (Autism, Learning Disabilities, Down’s Syndrome etc).

Confirmation of Registration

If you have any questions please email Mrs. Bradford

After your child’s information has been received and reviewed, you will receive confirmation email from the school informing you it has been received, along with other information, and further instructions (if necessary)

    • If you are missing any of the required documents, your registration will be denied, causing your registration to be delayed.

As you are aware, the Willoughby Slope area is a fast-growing neighbourhood, and with growth comes challenges for our schools in fulfilling enrollment. Our school and district staff work diligently to prioritize and find placements for students living in each catchment. When that is not possible, due to school capacity, our staff work with our neighbouring schools to find placements for students at other school sites that have spaces available in the relevant grade level.

 We understand these circumstances greatly impact our families. As a system, we are doing our best to minimize the disruption on our students and families. We assure you all our schools on the Willoughby Slope have staff that are loving and caring educators who create healthy, safe, and positive learning environments for all students.

“In the event that the District may not be able to accommodate a catchment student within the catchment school, the student will be placed on a ‘School Placement List’ prioritized by date and time of application. The District will accommodate the student at a neighbouring school until such time as space is available.” (Policy No. 7008)

Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance

Families have the option of purchasing insurance for their child/children through the Family Accident Reimbursement Plan Voluntary Insurance. Enrolment in the program can be done online. For more information and to apply for coverage, visit this page here:


R.C. Garnett Demonstration School

7096 - 201 Street, Langley
BC, V2Y 3G7
Phone: 604-532-7814
Fax: 604-532-7629